A great hair does wonders for you and your self-esteem.
Taking care of hair is in fact much the same as taking care of skin.
An effective hair care discipline involves cleansing, toning
and conditioning routines.
Natural Hairsprays and Gels:
Natural Hair Gel:
• 1/2 to 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1. Thoroughly dissolve gelatin in 1 cup warm water;
2. Keep refrigerated in sealed container.
• 1/2 orange
• 1/2 lemon
1. Chop fruit into small pieces and place in a pot with 2 cups water;
2. Boil until reduced by half;
3. Cool, strain, and place in a spray bottle;
4. Store in the refrigerator or add one once rubbing alcohol to store
at room temperature for up to two weeks;
5. Add more water to reduce stickiness, if desired.
Vanilla Hair Detangler:
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup fresh oregano leaves
• 1 cup water
1. In a saucepan, heat all ingredients together on low;
2. Let simmer for 30 minutes;
3. Remove from heat and strain mixture to remove particles;
4. Let solution cool;
5. When cool, pour solution into spray bottle;
6. After shampooing and conditioning hair as usual, spray the solution
directly into the hair, saturating the strands and the scalp;
7. Comb through hair and leave on.
Almond Hair Spray:
• 1 teaspoon cherry extract
• 1 teaspoon almond extract
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 2 cups water
1. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a spray bottle;
2. Shake well before each use;
3. Apply by spraying into hair;
4. Massage with fingers or by combing through.
For more info, download Homemade Hairsprays, a free ebook.