How can I hide my age?
Below are some tips to help you hide your age:
• Apply moisturizer before foundation.
Wait for ten minutes to allow the skin to absorb it.
• Cover flaws like pigmented patches with a foundation,
or concealer that is a shade lighter than your skin tone.
• Use a creamy foundation diluted with a drop of water
for lighter and smoother coverage.
• While choosing foundations go for beige or golden tones, avoid pinks.
• Avoid powders if your skin is dry, but apply a soft shade blusher
on the cheekbones going outwards and slightly upwards.
• Go for the soft look while applying eye make-up.
Avoid eyeliners, use eye shadow or eye pencil to line the upper lids.
Draw a line close to the lashes.
• Avoid harsh black eye pencils, go for brown or grey shades instead.
• Mascara helps to brighten eyes.
Use a brush to separate the lashes for a natural look.
• Redefine the lip line with a lip pencil and fill in with lipstick, using a lip brush.
• Very dark lip colours, especially blue tones have an aging effect.
Very light colours are also a no-no. Go for burgundy, plum, coral, bronze,
copper or coffee shades.
• To camouflage a double chin, apply a light colour foundation on the chin
and a dark foundation on the double chin. Slide down the neck area
with the foundation blending carefully to avoid any harsh lines.
You may also minimize a double chin by shading some blusher
around the jawbone and under the jawline.
For more info, download Hiding Age, a free ebook.