The following homemade mouthwashes will help you to eliminate bad breath
and promote overall mouth and gum health.
Homemade Spearmint Mouthwash:
• 6 ounces water
• 2 ounces vodka
• 4 teaspoons liquid glycerine
• 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
• 10-15 drops Spearmint essential oil
Boil water and vodka, add glycerine and aloe vera gel. Remove from the heat,
let cool slightly. Add spearmint oil, shake well. Pour into bottle, cap tightly.
Homemade Rosemary-Mint Mouthwash:
• 2 cups distilled or mineral water
• 1 tsp fresh mint leaves
• 1 tsp rosemary leaves
• 1 tsp anise seeds
Boil the water, add herbs and seeds, infuse for 20 minutes.
Cool, strain and use as a gargle/mouthwash. If you wish to make up a
larger quantity, double or triple the recipe then add 1 tsp of tincture of myrrh
as a natural preservative.
A very simple homemade mouthwash:
Wash your mouth with half a glass of warm water
containing a teaspoon of table salt.
Baking Soda Mouthwash:
• 2 ounces of Water
• 1/4 Teaspoon of baking soda or Sea Salt
• 1 drop of Pure Peppermint Oil
• 1 drop of Tea Tree oil
This Homemade mouthwash recipe leaves a great refreshing minty taste
in your mouth and helps prevent bad breath.
Some Breath Freshners:
• Chew fresh parsley to sweeten the breath.
• Chew fennel seeds to freshen the breath.
• Chew anise seeds to freshen the breath.
• Chew a few peppermint or spearmint leaves or drink a cup of peppermint tea.
• Add 1 drop of myrrh oil to 1 cup of cooled, boiled water.
Use as gargle/mouthwash.
For more info, download Homemade Mouthwash, a free ebook.